Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions of sale shall apply to all goods purchased by you from Amble Electrical Distributors Ltd (“us”) and take precedence over any other terms and conditions that may be printed on any order form or other documentation. In agreeing to purchase goods from us you confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions. By placing an order with Amble you accept these terms and conditions.
1. Our standard price list may change from time to time without notice.
2. If you have bought goods from us which are faulty, we will be happy to either refund your money or to provide a replacement provided that:
a. you notify us of the defect within three (3) days of receiving the goods;
b. you provide a sample of the defective goods to illustrate the reason for rejection; and
c. the goods were not marked ‘Sold As Seen’, as set out in clause 3 below.
3. Sometimes we will sell returned stock or other items where we are not able to guarantee the quality of the goods. Such items will be clearly marked by us as ‘Sold As Seen’ and we will accept no liability for loss or damage in respect of those goods. You must satisfy yourself that the goods are of an acceptable quality before purchasing them, as we will not provide refunds in the event that such goods are subsequently identified to be faulty.
4. If you have bought goods from us which you no longer need, we will accept these as returns and either refund your money or provide a replacement provided that:
a. The goods are still in their original packaging and condition;
b. The goods are returned with 30 days of purchase
c. The goods were not specially ordered item(s) that cannot be resold, and
d. The goods were not marked ‘Sold as Seen’ as set out in clause 3 above.
We may, at our discretion, charge a standard 25% handling fee in respect of returned goods that are not faulty. Goods that were specially ordered are non-returnable.
5. Goods remain the property of Amble Electrical Distributors Ltd until paid for in full. Where you are storing the goods prior to payment, you must keep them separate from goods from other suppliers and must clearly mark them as ‘Property of Amble Electrical Distributors Ltd’.
6. If you have set up a credit account with us, we will invoice you at the end of each month for orders placed during that month, and you will pay our invoices within 30 days EOM unless otherwise agreed by us in writing. If you do not have an account with us, you will pay in full for all goods upon placing your order.
7. Amble Electrical Distributors Ltd reserves the right to charge 15% (fifteen percent), to cover collection costs and interest (at 3%), above the Barclays Bank Base Rate ruling at the date of invoice, for balances exceeding our agreed terms as per clause 6, the interest will accrue until payment is made in full.
8. We are not responsible for loss, damage or injury to persons or property when caused by your negligence or the misuse of goods purchased from us. You are advised to take notice of any usage guidelines, current, voltage or power ratings and other information provided on or with the goods and to use the goods strictly in accordance with such information.
9. In the event of loss or damage arising directly from the use of faulty goods supplied by us our liability is limited to £250,000 for any one event or series of connected events. This limit does not apply in the event of personal injury or death caused by our negligence or in any other case where we cannot limit our liability by law. We do not accept liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights if you are buying from us as a consumer.
10. Data Protection Declaration: Where you provide us with personal data (as defined in the GDPR) we shall hold that data in confidence and shall process it solely for the purpose of performing our obligations to you in connection with the supply of electrical goods and materials. If you apply for, or hold, an account with us we may disclose your personal data to our bankers/financiers for the following purposes: - Obtaining credit insurance, making credit reference agency searches, credit control, assessment and analysis (including credit scoring, market, product and statistical analysis), securitisation and protecting our interests. We will provide you with details of our bankers/financiers and that of any credit reference agencies used on request. You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you and we will provide you with this information upon receipt of your written request and payment of the applicable fee. We may also use your personal data to contact you regarding other goods and services offered by us that we believe may be of interest to you. Unless you notify us in writing that you object to such use, you agree that we may contact you for this purpose using whatever contact details you have provided to us.